We are back from a trip to the Tohoku area. Or more precisely to Ishinomaki (1, 4 and 5 in the picture below). We left on Saturday around midnight and drove throughout the night to arrive in Ishinomaki early in the morning. During the two days we stayed in the area we stopped at different places to drop off supplies that they needed to get started in their new temporary homes or to continue their lives in whatever was left of their own homes.
Our stops where the following:
- Ishinomaki (1) to drop of supplies at a temporary home and have breakfast.
- Fukukiura (2) to drop off supplies.
- Kobuchihama (3) to drop off supplies at a temporary home.
- Kobuchihama (3) to drop off supplies at a fisherman and his wife’s home.
- Kobuchihama (3) to drop off supplies at another temporary home.
- Kobuchihama (3) to watch the saving of a fishing boat.
- Kobuchihama (3) to check the new freezer.
- Kobuchihama (3) to drop off some furnitures at a beauty salon.
- Ishinomaki (4) to drop of supplies at various temporary homes.
- Ishinomaki harbor (5) to check one of the worst hit harbors in the Tohoku big earthquake.
Common denominator between all our stops was the friendly people that we met. They all welcomed us with big smiles and something to drink and/or eat. And always having a friendly word to us. It made it all so much easier