- Rest the rump meat in room temperature (2-3 hours)
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius (325 F)
- String the meat (we prefer 1 cm distance)
- Put plenty of salt and black pepper on it and rub it in properly
- Fry quickly on all sides in a hot frying pan (just to get a nice color and should take less than a total of 5 minutes)
- Put meat on a layer of vegetables like onion, carrot, and garlic (to keep the meat moisture)
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes per pound (0.454 kg)
This year, again, we made roast beef for New Year’s Day’s dinner. Since we have to search for a recipe every year we thought it best to just write it down here for next year.